Southgate Hockey Club is a large, friendly and ambitious club with a long history of grass roots and elite hockey. The club is located in North London and our facilities at Trent Park in Southgate are among the best club facilities in the country. The club boasts 5 Ladies’ teams and 12 Men’s’ teams as well as a large and successful Junior section.
Southgate HC Ladies 1st team are looking for a top-quality coach for the 2020/21 season and beyond. We currently play in National League Conference East.
The club are looking for a dynamic, experienced, and ambitious coach who will lead and inspire the team and implement a developmental approach, leading to strong playing foundations that will be sustainable over the longer term. The successful candidate will have proven experience at top level hockey and be an excellent tactician and communicator. For the right candidate, this will be a rolling contract.
The goal for the coming season is to be promoted into National League Div. 1 (South) with the ultimate ambition to be promoted into the Premier Division.
Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to plan and deliver high intensity training sessions, providing clear technical and tactical input to the team and players.
- Be organised, dedicated, passionate and motivating.
- Demand high standards: demonstrating the ability to create a professional “high performance” team environment and culture.
- Communicate effectively with the team, having excellent interpersonal skills and be forward-thinking in their communication.
- Be open to sharing best practice and ideas with other coaches in the club.
- Plan and deliver high quality, intensive training sessions twice a week (Monday and Wednesday) for the duration of the outdoor season, coupled with indoor training sessions (Monday) in the lead up to, and during the indoor campaign.
- Attend all Saturday home and away outdoor matches (may be some Sundays).
- Select for league matches, in line with the Club Selection Policy.
- Work closely with, and communicate effectively with, the 1st XI captain.
- Work closely with the 2nd XI coach to ensure a strong link and synergy between the squads and consistency of playing foundations.
- Support the integration of our junior players into the senior training/playing environment.
- Analyse performances and offer regular feedback to individuals and the squad.
Qualifications and Skills.
- Qualified to EH level 2 or equivalent and have a proven record of continuous personal development.
- National League, or equivalent standard, experience as a player or coach.
- Indoor playing and coaching experience desirable.
- First aid and Safeguarding certification (position subject to valid DBS certificate).
- The role of 1st XI Coach works closely alongside the Ladies’ 1st XI manager and team captain, as well as other club personnel, so good communication skills as well as a willingness to work collaboratively, are vital.
- Be eligible to work in the UK (UK passport or valid work permit) and speak a good standard of English.
- Applications from suitable player-coaches would be considered.
Salary: to be discussed
To apply please forward your hockey CV and a covering note to Southgatehc.email@example.com by June 4th 2021.
We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates.
Posted 3 months ago - 2 months left